cold seats and some reflections | 1.18.2005 | Permalink | Comment(s) latest | about | site feed

ISO100 | f/11 | 1/100s | 29mmprevious | next

just a couple steps to the right of the previous image. i am not sure if my decision to post this one in black and white is the right choice. i guess what prompted me is the fact that i didn't receive much comment on the previous post the comments on the previous post came in late, which suggests to me led me to thinking that not much people like it like i do. it's amazing how each of our taste in photography differs. I received a comment on the other day's image saying it is "Outside of good photography...". I'm not entirely sure if it's a compliment or not, and i don't really mind if it's not, in fact i prefer receiving critiques than trite comments, but not something this vague.

what is good photography? i view around 40 photoblogs each day and there are images that appeal to me and there are those that i find crap, but i still can't (and don't wanna) judge which is good photography and which is not. does that mean i don't know what i am doing? this is just my sixth month of looking thru the lens, and my third in the photoblogging arena. but i have to say i am pretty much happy with what i've accomplished, how IMHO my photographing skills have improved, and being able to connect with people holding the same interest. and that's what matters to me.